Our club is involved in a variety of projects that involve fundraising, community service, and assisting children locally and worldwide. Below are some of the projects in which we are currently involved:
Annual Community Impact Giving Grants Program - Annual Grant Giving process where the club and its foundation give away money to local non-profits.
Flag Project - The Adrian Kiwanis Club has a patriotic fundraising project called the Avenue of the Flags. All Adrian residents and businesses are invited to participate in 2015. The Avenue of the Flags is a community service project where the Adrian Kiwanis Club will place the United States flag in front of your home or business on 6 significant days annually. Those days are Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, 9-11, and Veteran’s Day. The flags are delivered and set up for you on those days. Click here to download your 2017 application. Questions? Call 517-270-4350.
- We believe the appearance of the Avenues of the Flags in our community creates a national awareness and pride.
- They are an impressive sight lining our city streets. Even if you already fly the flag on these holidays, you will want to be included in this public display.
- The flags are fixed onto posts a full 9’ above the ground. The flags go into a pre-set plastic sleeve in the ground between the curb and the sidewalk, normally about 2’ inside the curb at a visible location. The receptacle sleeve is placed flush at ground level so not to impede walking or lawn care.
- Your participation in the flag service is voluntary and the cost will be billed on an annual basis.
- The annual donation for the 6 services in 2016 is $40 for each flag you want on your property.
Live Radio Auction - Fundraiser in February that allows Kiwanis Club of Adrian to support many, many organizations in the area. Tune into WLEN 103.9 on Saturday, February 10, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Bicycle Reading Program - in March promotes reading in area elementary schools. Our club gives two new bicycles and helmets to elementary students in several schools to promote strong reading habits.
Splash n' Dash - Our club helps support a Youth Triathlon that is sponsored by the City of Adrian and the YMCA.
Dictionary Project - The Kiwanis Club of Adrian works with our Aktion Club (organization that supports adults with disabilities) to deliver dictionaries to all third graders in the Adrian school district (both public and private), Madison Schools, and Sand Creek.
Thanksgiving Day Dinner at Alpha Koney - This event offers a free Thanksgiving Day meal to anyone in need or alone on Thanksgiving Day. The event takes place at Alpha Koney Island in Adrian.
Food Baskets - We work Associated Charities to help them package food baskets for anyone in need of a food through the holiday season.
Cheese Sale - Say Cheese! Our annual cheese sale is another fundraising event that we use to raise money to support local agencies.
Christmas Toy Project - The Kiwanis Club of Adrian works with the Salvation Army and Associated Charites of Lenawee to help provide Christmas gifts to all children in the Adrian area in need.
Salvation Army Bell Ringing- Our club also helps support fundraising for the Salvation Army by "Ringing the Bell" at various locations during the holiday season.